The cold and cooking

Yesterday and the night before were an icy mess.  There were accidents all over the place and Loralai’s school was closed yesterday.  I’m glad we don’t have icy days too much.  I remember when I lived in KC we had ice day and we lent the few guys in our apartment building ice scrapers after seeing them try and scrape their cars with z credit cards and spatulas.  

In college we hung out with a few people from St. Kitts which is near Jamaica.  Living in a tropical area for most of their lives they had never seen snow or icy conditions.  I was driving one gentleman to the post office and my car was covered with a thin layer of ice, he tried to jab his keys into my car to get it off.  I did my best to keep my cool while telling him to stop.  While at the post office it started to snow and he completely freaked out and refused to get out of my car for fear that he would be cut by the falling ice.  Pictire this, a very tall muscular track and field runner throwing a fit about the snow while being pulled out of the car by a a much younger me.  Needless to say, there were lots of people laughing at the situation.  He eventually got out of the car and laughed at the situation.  

In other news, for past two weeks I’ve been teaching Loralai how to plan and cook dinners.  She has perfected grilled chicken and is now working on pork chops.  She’s really enjoying the lessons.  Tonight she helped with prepping six lunches with two sides each.  Next week Loralai wants to do all of the food preparations so she can prove that she can do this all on her own.  I can’t express how proud I am of her.  She has really grown up a lot lately and has taken on more responsibilities.  This Saturday she is taking a course on babysitting through the Red Cross so that she can hopefull earn a little extra money this spring and summer before heading to Kauai for a month.  Man, I wish we were in Kauai now instead of dealing with this cold snap.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1jLuaFXtBmY-cyRBA2AuuY7IVV0Zu6qgDhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1NZGBjsAFMdCCaQa--pEw7ReYOW77DQX5

Comments